Vibrant’s Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
December 15th, 2021 / Lifestyle Medicine, Recipe & Nutrition
If you like to live an anti-inflammatory lifestyle like I do but you find it hard to fit all the great anti-inflammatory foods nature has to offer into your diet every day, try this delicious and potent smoothie. I’ve thrown together all my favorite anti-inflammatory power foods into one easy morning smoothie. It’s one and done, and it’s a great way to start your day—you and your insides will be calm, cool, and collected.
Some of the most potent anti-inflammatory foods that can go into a smoothie are:
- Berries: Use one cup of blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, or a combination, fresh or frozen.
- A handful of dark leafy greens. Baby spinach and Romaine lettuce are good starter greens because they have the mildest taste, but kale, chard, or collard greens also work.
- Your favorite anti-inflammatory herbs and spices: I usually choose a few of the following: a dash of cinnamon; a tablespoon of raw cacao nibs or dark cocoa powder; a slice of fresh ginger, minced; fresh chopped mint leaves; or a pinch of dried turmeric. For a green tea smoothie, you could a teaspoon or so of matcha, which is a great anti-inflammatory.
- 1 to 2 cups of any unsweetened plant milk, like almond milk.
- Optional, but I like to use a scoop of unsweetened protein powder, which adds a protein boost to keep you full longer and turns this smoothie into a filling breakfast or snack choice. Alternatively you could add a tablespoon or two of nut butter.
You may also like…
If Your Brain Could Speak, It Would Request 10 Things For Career Success
By Bryan Robinson, Ph.D. / June 14, 2021 Your brain can’t tell you what it needs, but neuroscience can speak for it....
Looking To Experiment With Mocktails This Summer? You Aren’t The Only One
(Watermelon Lime Slushie from Mocktail Party by Kerry Benson and Diana Licalzi) By Julluam Dara / June 9, 2021 After...
Why Running Became My Go-To Method For Managing Anxiety
(Image by Catherine Falls Commercial/Moment/Getty Images) By Anna Buckman / May 26, 2021 I know I’m not alone when I...