Take Along Healthy Snack Pack
November 4th, 2021 / Recipes
If you’re traveling this month, you can avoid fast foods stops and impulse junk food buying at gas stations and airports with a little planning. I travel quite a bit, and I always bring snacks and even light meals along with me, whether traveling by land, air, or sea. A small cooler or even a picnic basic can keep your food fresh, and may even inspire you to stop along the way for a picnic in beautiful natural areas where you can stretch your legs and get some green exposure before reaching your destination. Every stop doesn’t have to be a gas station! Here’s a sample of the kind of snack pack I make for myself and my family. Put everything in individually portioned sealable bags or containers and distribute as requested, or assemble snack packs in lunch boxes:
- Fresh vegan veggie dip – see recipe
- Fresh or purchased kale chips (you can find a recipe on page 300 in my book, Vibrant) and sweet potato chips, preferably baked
- Blueberries, raspberries, or other snack-able berry of choice
- Sliced cucumbers, carrot and celery sticks, and pepper strips
- Optional: Cubes of feta cheese (you can find non-dairy versions if you prefer), or hummus or guacamole
- Raw almonds
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Hemp hearts
- Squares of dark chocolate
Assembly of Snack Boxes
- Put one ramekin of veggie dip in the center of each container or lunch box.
- Put a few cubes of Feta cheese (or a dollop of hummus or guacamole) in additional ramekins and add those to each container.
- Arrange some kale chips, sweet potato chips, blueberries, raspberries, and cucumber slices around the ramekins in each container.
- Put a few almonds in each container, along with two squares of dark chocolate each.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of pumpkin seeds and one teaspoon of hemp hearts on top of the Feta (or hummus or guacamole) in each container.
- Store the containers or lunch boxes in the fridge or cooler, to grab and go as needed.
You may also like…
Looking To Experiment With Mocktails This Summer? You Aren’t The Only One
(Watermelon Lime Slushie from Mocktail Party by Kerry Benson and Diana Licalzi) By Julluam Dara / June 9, 2021 After...