Immune Boosting Fresh Ginger Tea
November 4th, 2021 / Recipes
You can buy hundreds of kinds of tea, but sometimes it’s nice to make a fresh cup. This warming version is full of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory power, to calm your inflammation so your immune system can pay attention to winter invaders. If you can’t find lemon grass, thinly slice an organic lemon peel.
- 4 cups water
- 1 knob fresh turmeric, sliced thin, or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 3-inch knob fresh ginger, sliced thin
- 2 stalks lemon grass, sliced lengthwise
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- Honey, optional
- Heat water in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add turmeric, ginger, lemon grass, and mint to the pot.
- Heat the mixture until it boils, allow it to boil for 5 minutes, and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea into 4 cups, add honey as desired, and serve warm.
You may also like…
By Bryan Robinson, Ph.D. / June 14, 2021 Your brain can’t tell you what it needs, but neuroscience can speak for it....
(Watermelon Lime Slushie from Mocktail Party by Kerry Benson and Diana Licalzi) By Julluam Dara / June 9, 2021 After...